At Conyac, freelancers from around the world with various skills are registered. Search and order from a freelancer means finding the right freelancer whose service matches what you are looking for, and then offer a job directly to that freelancer.
If you like to offer a job to a freelancer that you have already worked with in the past, or if you are looking for a freelancer who has specific skills/experiences, please utilize the search service.
How to search and order from a freelancer
By going through the following steps, you will be able to go through the process of searching for a freelancer and accepting the final product.
- Search for a freelancer and place an order.
- Confirm the application from the freelancer and send comments.
- Make a contract with the freelancer.
- Review the finished work.
1. Search for a freelancer and place an order.
- Click on [New Request] > [Search Services] from the top menu bar.
- You will see a list of services by the freelancers. You can narrow down the search by filling out [Filter service types].
Check the freelancer’s profile
- To see the freelancer’s profile details, click on the freelancer’s ID or profile picture.
Filtering your search
- You could narrow down your search by selecting the language or category from the pulldown menu, or entering keywords.
- If you check off [Only ID verified freelancers], the search results will show only the freelancers who have finished their ID verification. (As an additional safety measure for our services , ID verifications are done based on official personal identification documents.)
- If you would like to search your Favorites List, select the list you would like to search in [Favorites List].
Change the order of the search results
You can change the order of the search results from the pulldown menu at the upper right side of the search results.
Last Sign In At: freelancers with the most recent sign in date/time will be displayed at the top of the list. These freelancers are most likely easier to get in touch with.
Profile Completion: Freelancers who have completed their profile the most will be displayed at the top of the list. The more their profile is complete, the more you will be able to know about the freelancers.
Positive Feedback: Freelancers with highly rated feedback from clients will be displayed at the top of the list.
Hourly Rate: Services with the lowest hourly rate will be displayed at the top of the list.
- From the search results, click on the service title that you would like to know more about.
- The service details page will be displayed. Check the description, and if you would like to contact the freelancer, click on the [Contact Freelancer] button.
For reference: if you click on the round profile picture of the freelancer, you will see the detailed description of the freelancer’s profile.
- The Post a Project page will be displayed. Fill out the details of your project on the form, and click on the [Confirm] button.
- The project confirmation page will be displayed. After confirming the content, click on the [Request this job] button.
- Please wait for the freelancer to contact you.
For reference: when the freelancer contacts you, a notification pop-up message will appear. An email will also be sent to your registered email address.
2. Confirm the application from the freelancer and send comments
- Click on the [Home] icon on the top menu bar.
- Click on the [Service] tab
- Click on [Waiting] within the [Service] tab.
- The list of job orders will be displayed. Click on the job title that you would like to confirm.
- You will be able to see the freelancer’s comment.
For reference: the freelancer’s comment will be displayed as “OO made an application for the request.”, along with the suggested award and estimated total hours.
- If you would like to respond to the freelancer, write your message in the text box in the comment column, and click on the [Add Comment] button.
For reference: comments other than responding to requests can also be sent in the same way.
3. Make a contract with the freelancer
- Follow the steps in 2.Confirm the application from the freelancer and send comments to display the comment page with the freelancer.
- Click on [Accept]
- Details of the accept application will be displayed. Check the content, then click on [Proceed to Checkout].
- The confirmation of request details page will be displayed. Confirm the application price and payment method, and fill out the necessary information. Click on the [Checkout] button.
Related: Payment methods at Conyac
- The application process is finalized once the project details page is displayed. The freelancer will start the job. Please wait until you receive notification that the job has been completed.
For reference: Once a contract is made, the job progress will change from [Waiting] to [Accepted].
Note: At this point, only a suspense payment has been made and the freelancer is not yet paid, with Conyac temporarily withholding the reward payment.
4. Review the finished work
- Once the freelancer finishes the job, a notification will be sent indicating that.
For reference: when the freelancer has finished the job, the job status will change from [Accepted] to [Review].
- After following steps 1-2 in Confirm the application from the freelancer and send comments, click on the number above [Review] in the Service Requests tab.
- The list of finished work will be displayed. Click on the request title and confirm from the comments that the job has been submitted. If you have requested the deliverables to be submitted as a file, a comment will be attached to the file so please check that.
- If there are no problems with the submission, click on the [Accept Work] button.
For reference: If you would like any edits or corrections to be made, click on the [Decline Work] button and send a request for an edit comment to the freelancer. When you send a request for an edit comment, the job progress status will go back to [Accepted].
- Once everything is finalized, the Accept Work page will be displayed. Enter a comment to the freelancer and click on the [I accept this work] button.
Note: If you do not complete the review, the freelancer will not be paid. Once the freelancer submits the job, please check and confirm the contents of the submission as early as possible. The review period is 7 days from the date of the job submission. Please note that the review will complete automatically if you go past the specified review period.
For other operations regarding job requests, please refer to the following articles.
- Changing the award amount after making a contract with a freelancer
- Changing the content of the job
- Canceling a job
- How to issue a receipt
- Accept/Decline Milestone payment