What’s Standard Request
The Standard request is a translation service, which only freelancers that have passed the language level test can undertake. It is recommended for projects like below.
- The translation requires accuracy, such as Technical manuals and contracts.
- Translating file formats( Word, Excel, PowerPoint files) without effort.
- When you want to choose your favorite freelancer ( Premium option is needed)
- When you need a double-check of the translation. (Double-check option is needed)
About fees and deadlines
The translation fee will depend on the word counts. It is calculated automatically by uploading the file to Conyac, so you can have a free estimate. ( To do so, login to Conyac is needed.)
Source language: Japanese, Chinese, Korean
Source languages: Other than JA, CH, KO
How to use Standard request
１．How to make a Standard request
- Click [New Request] on the header menu and select ［Standard Request].
- In the Standard Request form, you can enter the original text on［1. Submit your text]. To submit the text manually, click［Add Text］and enter the text. To upload a file, click［Add a file].
For reference: To create one request, you can both adding text manually and by uploading the file.
Related： What types of files can be uploaded for Standard Requests?
- After entering or uploading the original text, you can also add ［Title (Optional)］and［Instructions for the translator］.
For reference: By adding ［Instructions for the translator］, including the purpose of the translation and detailed instructions will help freelancers understand your needs, and create a better translation. To learn more about the instructions, visit this link.
- On the［2. Select language pair］, select the source language on［Translate from］tab and the target language on ［Translate to] tab. The translation fee(tax included) will appear on the screen. To finalize the order, click［Proceed to Options].
Note： Please set the language pair correctly. A freelancer will not be able to translate with the wrong language settings.
- On the [Confirmation of Request details] page, you can add some translation options. After confirming the price, click [Checkout].
For reference： For the Standard request, Premium Request Option, and Double-Check Option are available.
- Premium Request： When you would like to offer a favorite freelancer a Standard Request, choose the Premium Request Option. To use this option, you have to create a favorite list beforehand.
- Double-Check： After the translation has been done by the first freelancer, another freelancer will double-check it to make sure it is translated correctly.
- Please wait for the translation to be delivered.
For reference: After the translation has been delivered, a popup notification will appear on the screen. You will also receive a notification via email.
Related: What instruction should I give to freelancers?
２．Check and Rivise the translation
- Click the [ home ] icon on the header menu.
- The Standard Request listing will appear and click the title or the text which you would like to check.
- Click the [ Translations] tab to see the translation result.
- On the [Activity] tab, you can send a comment to the freelancer. Enter the comment on the form and click the [post] button.
- After the freelancer has submitted the translation, you can add a freelancer to your favorite list from the activity tab.
- You can ask a freelancer for a revision/correction within 24 hours after the submission. In case there’s something you want to be corrected, please contact the freelancer as soon as possible from the comment form on the [Activity] tab.
Other related articles:
- How to issue a receipt for Light/ Standard Requests
- How to have a translated document proofread
- What are Labels?