What is a Light Request?
A Light Request is a way to order translation requests to Conyac freelancers worldwide with a flat rate of 300 yen (before tax).
Freelancers will work on the translation within 24 hours after the order has been placed. The request will end either when 2 translations are submitted, or after 24 hours have passed.
Since there is a word count limit, Light Request is suitable for short and casual texts such as emails, SNS messages, and letters.
|Translation for languages other than Japanese, Korean, Chinese||Up to 720 characters|
|Translation for Japanese, Korean, Chinese||Up to 240 characters|
*Regardless of the total word count, if it is within the limit, the fee is a flat rate of 300 yen (before tax).
*If there are less than 2 translations submitted within 24 hours, the fee will be refunded.
Also, Light Requests translations are listed as public translations in Conyac, and are publicly available on the internet. To make the translation results private, please sign up for the monthly plan (Light Request private plan).
- Light Request translations are made publicly available to allow 3rd person freelancers to review and comment on the translations, so that it becomes a platform for freelancers to mutually enhance their translation skills.
- Past Light Request translations can be made private. The fee to do so is 300 yen (excluding tax). Please see here for details.
- Light Request is a service that allows all registered freelancers of every level to have access to work on the translation request. For high quality translations by freelancers who have passed the translation level test, please use Standard Request.
How to use Light Request
1.Request a translation through Light Request
- Click on [New Request] > [Light Request] at the top menu bar.
- Fill out the Light Request form (text, language, tags, additional information) and click on [Submit]
Note: Please be careful when choosing the language pair. If you choose the wrong language for the original text, freelancers will not be able to start.For reference: If the original text exceeds the word count limit, you could add another form by clicking on [+Add text], allowing multiple forms to be sent with a single Light Request. (Light Request fee will be applied to each additional form)Related: What is a tag?
- On the “Confirmation of Request details” page, confirm the payment and payment method, and click [Checkout].
- Wait for translations from the freelancers.
For reference: When there is translation, you will be notified by a pop-up message in [Notifications] in the top menu bar.
2.Confirm Light Request translations
- Click on the [Home] icon in the top menu bar.
- Click on the [Light Request] tab.
- Click on the title of the Request you would like to check.
- Translation results for that request will be displayed on the page.
- You can send comments to the freelancer who did the translation.
- From this page, you can add a freelancer to your Favorites List. Please see here for details on Favorites list.
- If there is an obvious mistake, such as translation done in the wrong language, you can decline the translation. Please see here on how to decline.
For additional information regarding Light Request, please refer to the following.