Post job requests on Conyac to receive applications from freelancers who are specialists in the area of your project. Since the client can negotiate terms such as conditions, delivery dates, reward amount with the freelancer, it provides more flexibility. Requests can be posted in translation, writing research, and other various categories.
How to post job requests
The following are the steps to take from posting a job to accepting the final work.
- Post a new job.
- Confirm applications from freelancers, and answer their comments.
- Make a contract with the freelancer.
- Review and accept the freelancer’s finished work.
1.Post a new job requests
- Click on [Post Jobs] > [Post a New Project], in the menu on the top part of the screen.
- You will see the “Post a New Project” form. Enter your answers to the questions regarding the job.
For reference: If you click on [New Request] from the header and choose [New Request Form] from the pull down menu, you will see [Post Project] under Market in the right hand column. Clicking on this will also bring up the “Post a New Project” form.
- After you have finished entering the form, click on [Confirm] to confirm the information on the form, and then click on [Publish].
- Once your request has been posted, please wait for freelancers to apply.
For reference: When you receive applications and/or questions from freelancers, you will see a pop-up message in [Notifications] at the top menu bar. An email notification will also be sent.
2.Confirm applications from freelancers and answer their comments
- Click on the [Home] icon on the top of the screen.
- Click on [Project].
- Within the [Post Jobs] tab, click on [Applications] within the tab, and click on the number under [Waiting].
For reference: The number under [Waiting] is the current number of applications.
- You will see the applications from the freelancers. Click on the title of the job request you would like to check.
For reference: Comments will be separately shown by freelancer.
- Confirm comments from freelancers.
For reference: the freelancer’s comment will be displayed as “OO made an application for the request.”, along with the suggested award and estimated total hours.
- If you would like to respond to the freelancer, write your message in the text box in the comment column, and click on the [Add Comment] button.
For reference: comments other than responding to requests can also be sent in the same way.
3. Make a contract with the freelancer
- Follow the steps in 2.Confirm the application from the freelancer and send comments to display the comment page with the freelancer.
- Click on [Accept]
- Details of the accept application will be displayed. Check the content, then click on [Proceed to Checkout].
- The confirmation of request details page will be displayed. Confirm the application price and payment method, and fill out the necessary information. Click on the [Checkout] button.
Related: Payment methods at Conyac
- The application process is finalized once the project details page is displayed. The freelancer will start the job. Please wait until you receive notification that the job has been completed.
For reference: Once a contract is made, the job progress will change from [Waiting] to [Accepted].
Note: At this point, only a suspense payment has been made and the freelancer is not yet paid, with Conyac temporarily withholding the reward payment.
4. Review the finished work
- Once the freelancer finishes the job, a notification will be sent indicating that.
For reference: when the freelancer has finished the job, the job status will change from [Accepted] to [Review].
- After following steps 1-2 in Confirm the application from the freelancer and send comments, click on the number above [Review] in the Service Requests tab.
- The list of finished work will be displayed. Click on the request title and confirm from the comments that the job has been submitted. If you have requested the deliverables to be submitted as a file, a comment will be attached to the file so please check that.
- If there are no problems with the submission, click on the [Accept Work] button.
For reference: If you would like any edits or corrections to be made, click on the [Decline Work] button and send a request for an edit comment to the freelancer. When you send a request for an edit comment, the job progress status will go back to [Accepted].
- Once everything is finalized, the Accept Work page will be displayed. Enter a comment to the freelancer and click on the [I accept this work] button.
Note: If you do not complete the review, the freelancer will not be paid. Once the freelancer submits the job, please check and confirm the contents of the submission as early as possible. The review period is 7 days from the date of the job submission. Please note that the review will complete automatically if you go past the specified review period.
For other operations regarding job requests, please refer to the following articles.
- Changing the award amount after making a contract with a freelancer
- Changing the content of the job
- Canceling a job
- How to issue a receipt
- Accept/Decline Milestone payment