What is Conyac Market?Conyac Market is where you can post projects for outsourcing to freelancers with specific skills. The site initially focused on translation-related work but has since branched out into categories including Business, Design & Creative, Digital Contents, Marketing, Tech & Programming, and Writing.
How Does Conyac Market Work?Here is the overall process and how it works.
Posting a Project
- Log in to your Conyac dashboard and click the "New Request" button on the top right of the page.
- This is where you will fill out a form with details of your project, the scope of work, period, payment, and required skills or experience.
- Larger projects can be broken into separate tasks and outsourced to more than one freelancer.
Managing Your Projects
- You can see all of your project listings under the “Your Projects” tab.
- Once a freelancer has submitted a proposal for a project, the request will move to the “Waiting” tab.
Negotiating Contract Terms
- Freelancers who have matching skills will be notified of your project listing.
- Once they apply, you can negotiate terms with them, ask questions about their skills, and review their past client feedback.
- The contents of your negotiation will only be viewable by yourself, the freelancer, and the Conyac operations team. This is a separate area from the Q&A section.
- All payments through the Conyac Market are on a per request basis.
- Posting a new project and negotiating the terms with freelancers prior to making a contract is totally free.
- Once you find one or more freelancers who seem like a good match for your needs, you can hire them.
- If the conditions meet your request, press “Proceed with Contract” to agree.
Deposit PaymentAs with most freelancer websites, we have a deposit system for the protection of both parties. This ensures that clients only pay for work that they have approved, and freelancers get paid for work that they have satisfactorily completed and delivered. The deposit payment process works as follows.
- Click “Proceed to Checkout,” and the request details will appear on the screen.
- If you have a coupon code, click the link and add the coupon code.
- Once you click “Checkout,” a deposit payment will be made, and the offer will be sent to the freelancer.
- The project request will move to the “Accepted” tab.
Working & Communicating
- Once hired, the freelancer(s) will get to work.
- If you haven't already, be sure to give them all the information they need to do a great job.
- If they ask a question or require clarification, please be sure to respond promptly and give them clear guidance.
- It is possible to change the fee and scope of work. However, both parties must agree to the revised terms.
Review of Deliverables
- Once a freelancer submits their completed work, either for an individual task or the entire project, you will be notified by email.
- You will have one week to check their work and either approve or reject it. If you don't respond within a week, the work will be automatically approved. Please notify us if you need more time.
- If their work is unacceptable, you can reject it and request revisions — providing that what you are asking is within the initially agreed scope of work. In this case, please provide a clear reason and instructions.
Releasing PaymentOnce you receive completed work that you are satisfied with, you can approve it, and payment will be released to the freelancer's Conyac account balance.
- Fees (Contract Fee + Service Fee) are paid after the work is completed.
- A Contract Fee is what you pay to the freelancer for their work.
- The Service Fee is what you pay for using the Conyac platform for your project.
Service FeesThe service fee (fee for using Conyac for a project) varies from 2% to 10% based on the contract price as follows.
Contract Price ............................ Service Fee
~ 1,000 USD ................................... 10%
1,000.01 USD - 5,000 USD .................. 5%
5,000.01 USD ~ .................................... 2%
- A project with a contract price of $100* will incur a service fee of $10*.
- Thus, the total fee will be $110*.
- You will have the opportunity to post feedback for the freelancer.
- We have two types; public feedback, which will be visible on their Conyac profile, and private feedback, which only the Conyac team can see.
- Similarly, the freelancer will be able to post feedback for you.
How do I set my project listing to only be viewable by freelancers logged into Conyac?When posting a new project, you can choose between two visibility options:
- Public: Anyone online can view your project listing — even if they're not logged into Conyac. This includes the Q&A section. Public listings are free.
- Private: Only accessible to freelancers who are logged into Conyac. There is a $50 (USD) fee for Private listings.
Can I still hire freelancers after the application deadline has passed?Yes, you can as follows.
- Login to your Conyac dashboard.
- Click on the "Project Details" button of the project you wish to recruit for, (i) click on the menu, and (ii) select "Reopen Project."
- From the "Market: Edit Request" screen, you can edit the project details. To extend the recruitment period, change the application deadline.
- From the "Project Details" page check to make sure the project status has changed to "Listing." If it has, you will be able to receive additional proposals from freelancers. From that point, you can select your freelancers and proceed to contract them as desired.
How do I re-offer a project to a freelancer?If you decline a particular freelancer's application but later change your mind, you can re-offer them the job as follows.
- Click the page of the freelancer you wish to re-offer and press the "Re-offer Project" button.
- From the "Re-offer this Project" screen's comment box you can include comments or anything you wish to discuss. Then click "Submit."
- If a freelancer can accept the offer, you will receive another proposal from them, and they are free to proceed with the contracting process.
- You can also cancel a re-offer by selecting the "Cancel the Re-offer" button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.