Ways to Upload Content
When posting a Standard Request, there are two ways to input the content you wish to have translated:
- Type (or copy-and-paste) the text into the column directly
- Upload a file
Files Types Which Can be Translated
The following are the types of files we support for Standard Requests:
- Text file (.txt)
- Microsoft Word (.docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
- CSV (.csv)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx)
- YAML (.yml)
Note that we cannot translate files that are password protected.
Details on Each File Type
1. Text Files (.txt)
Any regular text file (.txt) is acceptable.
2. Microsoft Word Documents (.docx)
Please pay attention to the following when uploading a Word file:
- Only the final version is translated. Markups will NOT be translated.
- Headers and footers will NOT be translated.
- If your document contains hyperlinks, only the text will be translated.
- If your document contains comments, it will NOT be uploaded.
- If your document contains tiff images, it will NOT be uploaded.
- If your document contains a phonetic guide, it will NOT be uploaded.
3. Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets (.xlsx)
- Only the text within cells and sheet names will be translated.
- Comments, graphs, pivot tables, headlines of charts, numbers, and formats for dates will NOT be translated.
- Hidden columns, rows, and sheets still count. Therefore, make sure to upload only the parts that you want to be translated.
- When your Excel file has the "Share" option enabled, Conyac may not be able to read the data correctly.
4. CSV (.csv)
Numbers and formats for dates will NOT be translated.
5. Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx)
Please pay attention to the following when uploading a PowerPoint file:
- Our system will NOT pick all the texts of your presentation. Only those in text boxes and auto shapes on slide sheets will be translated.
- The style of the text, such as underlines and font colors, will not be reflected in the translation.
- The outcome may differ from the original layout of the document, due to the process of implementing the translated text into your PowerPoint file.
6. YAML (.yml)
Please make sure to check the format before uploading it.
File Types Which Cannot Be Uploaded to Conyac
PDF files cannot be uploaded for translation on Conyac currently. If you would like to have a PDF file translated, please contact our sales team. On the contact form, choose 'Inquiry to our sales team' in the contact category, fill out the columns, and send the message to us.
Alternatively, you could try converting the PDF into another type of file, like Word or Excel, to make all the content (characters, etc.) more accessible for translators. In this case, please be sure to check the formating and fix any issues before uploading the file.
Video files cannot be uploaded for translation on Conyac currently. If you would like to have a video file translated (dubbed or subtitled), please contact our sales team. On the contact form, choose 'Inquiry to our sales team' in the contact category, fill out the columns, and send the message to us.
Alternatively, you could try transcribing the dialogue a TXT or DOCX file to the content accessible for translators.