For Standard Request, the following 6 file types can be uploaded for translation.
- Text file (.txt)
- Microsoft Word (.docx files only)
- Microsoft Excel (.xlsx files only)
- CSV (.csv files only)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx files only)
- YAML (.yml files only)
*Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint files cannot be uploaded if they have passwords.
Text file (.txt)
- For Text files, all the text can be translated.
Microsoft Word (.docs files only)
Please note the following regarding translations for Word files.
- Only the finalized version will be translated. Revision history will not be translated.
- Headers and footers will not be translated.
- Only the text part of hyperlinks will be translated.
- The file will not be uploadable if it contains comments.
- The file will not be uploadable if it contains TIFF files.
- The file will not be uploadable if it contains phonetic guides.
- The file will not be uploadable if it contains footnotes.
Microsoft Excel (.xlsx files only)
Translations are applied to the following only:
- Text within cells
- Sheet names
*Comments, diagrams, pivot tables, headings for graphs, numbers, dates are not subject to translation. However, hidden parts (such as lines and sheets) will be translated, so please upload only the parts to be translated. Files may not upload properly if the book sharing is turned on.
CSV (.csv files only)
Numbers and dates are not subject to translation.
Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx files only)
Please note the following regarding translations for PowerPoint files.
- Not all text will be translated. Text within text boxes and auto shapes will be translated, but text such as those within images will not be.
- Character formatting, such as underlines and character color, will not be reflected in the translation result.
- Layouts may skew when merging translated text to the files.
Please make sure to check if it is the right format before you upload it.