What is a Standard Request?
A Standard Request enables you to get documents translated and has no upper limit on the volume of the translation. There are also more options available to you.
How do I make a Standard Request?
Follow these steps to make a Standard Request.
- Click "New Request" that is on the top right of the page.
- On the "New Request" page, click "Standard request."
- Enter the title for the request. We recommend setting a title that gives prospective translators an indication of why kind of content to expect.
- To have a document translated, click "Add File." We accept Text (.txt), Powerpoint (.pptx), Excel (.xlsx), and Word (.docx) files.
- To add text manually, click "Add Text."
- Add instructions if you wish.
- Once you finished filling out the form, click "Save."
- Select the original language ("Translate from") and the target language ("Translate to").
- The fee will be displayed based on the text volume and languages selected. Learn more about our fees.
- After confirming all the details are correct, click the "Proceed to Options."
- On the Request Confirmation page, you can select options such as Double-Check or Premium Request.
- After confirming your balance, click "Checkout" to submit your request.
- Wait for the translation to be submitted.
What Options Are Available for Standard Requests?
The double-check option assigns a second translator to check the first translator's work and make edits if required. Ordering a double-check request will double the fee since there is double the number of translators working on the request. Only translators who have passed our screening are permitted to perform double-checks.
To see the before and after results of your double-checked requests:
- Log in to your Conyac dashboard
- Open a particular Request
- Open the translation result
- Click 'Compare this version with the previous translation'
Premium Request Option
With a Premium Request, you can send a translation requests to a specific translator whom you have saved to your Translator List. The fee is 1.5 times that of a usual request.
- If you have a positive experience working with a particular translator, you can save them to a Translator List so that it's easy to send them requests again in the future.
- A list can be created from the left sidebar marked 'Translator,' or by clicking the "Add to List" button on the Activity section of a completed request.
- You can create several different lists, and include the same translators in multiple lists.
- Your lists are kept private and not shown to other users.
- Translators are not notified when you add them to a list.
Adding both Premium and Double-Check Options
You can add both options, however, please note the following:
- You will need to have at least two translators in your Translator List.
- If you choose the two options at the same time, it will cost three times that of a usual request.
What types of files can be uploaded for Standard Requests?
Ways to Upload Content
When posting a Standard Request, there are two ways to input the content you wish to have translated:
- Type (or copy-and-paste) the text into the column directly
- Upload a file
Files Types Which Can be Translated
The following are the types of files we support for Standard Requests:
- Text file (.txt)
- Microsoft Word (.docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
- CSV (.csv)
- Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx)
- YAML (.yml)
Note that we cannot translate files that are password protected.
Details on Each File Type
1. Text Files (.txt)
Any regular text file (.txt) is acceptable.
2. Microsoft Word Documents (.docx)
Please pay attention to the following when uploading a Word file:
- Only the final version is translated. Markups will NOT be translated.
- Headers and footers will NOT be translated.
- If your document contains hyperlinks, only the text will be translated.
- If your document contains comments, it will NOT be uploaded.
- If your document contains tiff images, it will NOT be uploaded.
- If your document contains a phonetic guide, it will NOT be uploaded.
3. Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets (.xlsx)
- Only the text within cells and sheet names will be translated.
- Comments, graphs, pivot tables, headlines of charts, numbers, and formats for dates will NOT be translated.
- Hidden columns, rows, and sheets still count. Therefore, make sure to upload only the parts that you want to be translated.
- When your Excel file has the "Share" option enabled, Conyac may not be able to read the data correctly.
4. CSV (.csv)
Numbers and formats for dates will NOT be translated.
5. Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx)
Please pay attention to the following when uploading a PowerPoint file:
- Our system will NOT pick all the texts of your presentation. Only those in text boxes and auto shapes on slide sheets will be translated.
- The style of the text, such as underlines and font colors, will not be reflected in the translation.
- The outcome may differ from the original layout of the document, due to the process of implementing the translated text into your PowerPoint file.
6. YAML (.yml)
Please make sure to check the format before uploading.
File Types Which Cannot Be Uploaded to Conyac
PDF files cannot be uploaded for translation on Conyac currently. If you would like to have a PDF file translated, please contact our sales team. On the contact form, choose 'Inquiry to our sales team' in the contact category, fill out the columns, and send the message to us.
Alternatively, you could try converting the PDF into another type of file, like Word or Excel, to make all the content (characters, etc.) more accessible for translators. In this case, please be sure to check the formating and fix any issues before uploading the file.
Video files cannot be uploaded for translation on Conyac currently. If you would like to have a video file translated (dubbed or subtitled), please contact our sales team. On the contact form, choose 'Inquiry to our sales team' in the contact category, fill out the columns, and send the message to us.
Alternatively, you could try transcribing the dialogue a TXT or DOCX file to the content accessible for translators.