Groups on Conyac
Groups let you share projects among your team members and manage your budget. You can create your own Group or participate in another user's Group.
Creating a New Group
- Open the group message, then click "+" next to the "Groups" tab.
- Choose a name for your Group on the Add Group page.
Inviting New Members
- Log in through the admin account (only admins can invite members).
- Click the "⋯" on the main page and select "Members."
- Click "Invite Member," and enter the Member's email address.
- Once the invited Member receives the confirmation message, the options of Log In or Sign Up will be available to them.
- After a Member has joined the Group, their name will appear in the Member List.
Group Member Types
- Admin: An admin has full authority for its groups. All group member organization settings are managed by the Admin. When the Admin registers a payment method such as a credit card, managers and members under them can make payments without permission using said card. However, only the Admin has access to the registered credit card's information.
- Manager: Managers have access to the payment and job history of the Group. Managers can approve and make payments for completed jobs within the budget set by the Admin.
- Member: Members are users that have been invited to join the Group. Members can only make payments for completed jobs within the budget set by the admin. They can only view their own payment and job history.
Changing Member Permissions
- From the Member List, click "Edit" to change the permissions of select members.
- After filling in the allowed functions and budget in the Edit Member page, click "Update."
- Only the Admin has the authority to modify Member permissions.
- The available functions differ for Admins, Managers, and Members.
To share projects and the team budget, switch to the Group account after you log into Conyac as follows.
- Beside the ▼ mark, click your username. Both your username and group name will come up, click your Group's name to switch to your Group's account.
- While using the Group account, you can make requests under the shared projects and team budget.
- When logged in the admin account, you can switch the function of a selected member to Admin from the Edit Member page.
- If the Admin has quit and you can not access the Admin account, please contact the Conyac Support team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Removing a User from a Group
- Select the Group in question.
- Click "Users" on the right of the page.
- On the next page, click "Remove" to delete a specific user.
Group Messages allow you to communicate quickly and easily with the freelancers involved in your Conyac Market projects. As a requester, you are even able to create and edit groups, allowing you to separate and sort your applicants by role, language or any other criteria, so you can deliver the right information to the right people.
Using Group Messages
- Choose a project from the Conyac Market, then click "Group message."
- The messages posted in the "All" tab will be seen by everyone who has joined the project.
- Type a message in the text box and click "Post" to send it to all the applicants at once. Once submitted, a comment cannot be edited or deleted.
Sharing Files in Group Messages
- You can upload and share a variety of files within the group message, and display a list of everything that has been uploaded so far in one click.
- To upload a file, click "Select a file" under the comment box.
- To see a list of all the files already shared with your Group, just click the file icon located on the top right of the group message page.
Editing a Group's Name or Deleting a Group
- Click "Groups" to display all your groups.
- From this page, you can (i) edit a Group name by clicking the pencil icon, or, (ii) delete a Group with the trash bin icon.