What are Light Requests?
Light Requests allow you to make small translation requests.
- For Japanese, Chinese (both simplified and traditional), and Korean: 240 characters
- For other languages: 720 characters
- A single Light Request costs 300 JPY ($3)*.
- If your request exceeds the character limit, you can break it up into multiple Light Requests.
- Your translation fee will be refunded if no translators submit translations, which can happen if the vocabulary is specialized or you are requesting a less popular language pair.
- By default, all Light Requests are publicly viewable. However, if you subscribe to our Private Light Requests plan, you can set them to private. The cost is 1,500 yen ($15)* per month.
* Excludes consumption tax.
How do I make a Light Request?
Follow these four simple steps to make a Light Request:
- Click "New Request" that is on the top right of the page
- On the "New Request" page, click "Light Request"
- Add original text
- Select language pair
- Select the original language ("Translate from") and the target language ("Translate to")
- Click "Submit"
- Confirm your balance and click "Checkout" to pay
How do I reject a translation and what happens when I do?
If you receive a Light Request translation and it doesn't meet your standards, you can reject it as follows.
- Once you get a translation, check the results in the detail page for Light Requests.
- Above the comment section of the translation, the "Decline This Translation" link is shown when you hover your mouse over it. Click to reject.
- A notice will come up, and you must select a reason for rejecting the translation.
- Click the "Send Rejection" button once you have entered a sufficient explanation.
- The translator will receive an email notifying them that their translation has been rejected.
- Your request will be listed again until it either two translation submissions are received or its deadline expires.
How do I manage my subscription for the Private Light Requests plan?
You can subscribe as follows:
- Log in to your Conyac dashboard
- Access the 'Price Plan' page
- Click 'Private Light Request Plan' in the middle of the page.
- Click the 'PayPal' button to proceed.
- You will be charged 1,500 yen ($15) per month (excluding tax)
- Once subscribed, you will be able to select to keep future Standard Request translations private.
When using coupons:
- After PayPal confirms your payment, the coupon credit will be sent to your account.
- For the monthly plan (private Light Request plan), the coupon credit will be sent to your account on the same day of your last purchase.
- If you don't use all the coupon credit in a month, the rest of the coupon credit will be saved for the next month.
- Note that the coupon credit will expire after 6 months from the day of your purchase.
How do I add a translator to my Translators List from a Light Request page?
You can add the translator to a list you have already made or create a new one as follows.
- Click the title of a finished Light Request.
- Find the translator you would like to add.
- Click "Add translator to a list."